Sunday, November 04, 2007

What to do with all that junk mail (snail mail, that is)

I have posted this before, but I just cleared out a stack of junk mail and sent back nearly a mailbox full of pre-paid envelopes.
I get 3 or 4 credit card offers a week in the mail. One of my housemates gets 2 or 3 A DAY! Sometimes the same companies over and over again. I have started taking all of this unsolicited junk, opening it, looking for the postage paid envelope, stuffing it full of the things they sent me (less, of course, anything that can identify me) and putting it back in the mail to the sender. Those companies then have to pay the return postage and pay for someone to open up the returned "junk mail".

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Raveendran Chinnasamy said...

I do the exactly same . Before sending them i shredded application :-) belive it is working i never received from the same sender .

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger PD said...

I used to do this too. It makes you feel good, but it doesn't get YOU off their list because they don't know who it is coming from.

Use the DMA service or some other method to get off these junk mail lists. I did it at least 10 years ago and get virtually no junk mail at all since. It's great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home