Saturday, June 26, 2004

Book: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

I just finished The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I must say I found this a fairly enjoyable book. It is not, as one of my friends says, the best book ever, but I would put it in the top 10 works of fiction I have ever read. I like Dan Brown's style. His paragraphs are concise and read quickly. It makes a good book to pick up before going to bed; except that several times when my roommate read it, he just kept reading until 3:00AM.

It takes place in Paris and London with an interesting and unpredictable cast of characters. Much of this book revolves around art, churches, and religious history. It serves to emphasize to me that I have an "engineer's education." Heavy on the math and science, but light on liberal arts, history, and Europe.

I highly recommend this to anyone that wants a good "hard to put down" read. If you are really religious, you need to keep in mind that this is fiction and it takes some creative liberties with some historical information. That does not bother me, but one of friends was troubled by the book possibly being represented as 'historical fiction'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home